Subscribe to the FREE #1 Natural Health Newsletter
Loading Please Wait
Want Access to My All-Time Top 30 Health Tips? It’s Free!
Loading Please Wait
1 Which of the following statements is true?
- Eating high-oxalate food with calcium-rich food will increase your risk of kidney stones
- Taking a calcium supplement without oxalate-containing food, such as leafy greens or nuts, increases your risk of kidney stones
Taking a calcium supplement without oxalate-containing food increases your risk of kidney stones. To minimize this risk, take your supplement with an oxalate-containing meal. Oxalate-rich foods include dark green vegetables (especially spinach and Swiss chard), bran, rhubarb, beets and beet greens, chocolate, nuts (especially almonds, cashews and peanuts) and nut butters. Learn more.
- Eating a low-calcium diet is recommended for those prone to kidney stones
- Eating a high-oxalate diet is recommended for those prone to kidney stones
2 Which of the following is one of the main contributors to heart disease?
There are compelling links between cardiac health and mental health. For example, having untreated depression or anxiety disorder increases your odds of having a heart attack or developing heart disease. Stress hormones are again a primary culprit. Learn more.
3 A growing number of seniors are prescribed antidepressants despite only 14.3% meeting the criteria for a depressive episode. In seniors, depression is associated with:
- Better mood, improved cognitive ability and reduced hospital admissions
- Better overall health, reduced risk of diabetes and greater longevity
- Favorable support system, reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and lower potential for gout
- Cognitive decline, dementia and poor medical outcomes
A growing number of seniors are prescribed antidepressants despite only 14.3% meeting the criteria for a depressive episode. In seniors, depression is associated with cognitive decline, dementia and poor medical outcomes. Learn more.
4 Exercising vigorously at least three times a week can:
- Help you function better and more independently after a stroke
Those who exercised vigorously at least three times a week were able to function better and more independently both before and after a stroke. Learn more.
- Improve your eyesight after a stroke
- Reduce the chance of you becoming iron-deficient after a stroke
- Serve as a substitute for healthy eating after a stroke
5 What is the biggest danger of excessive cleaning?
- Removing healthy bacteria and sebum from skin
- Causing bacteria, viruses and fungi to develop resistance
- Respiratory and skin reactions to cleaning product
- All of the above
Excessive cleaning causes microbial resistance, removes the body’s healthy bacteria and may cause respiratory and skin harm. Learn more.
6 Which of the following is a crucial longevity molecule required by longevity-related enzymes and DNA repair?
NAD+ is one of the most important longevity molecules that we know of. NAD+ is a coenzyme needed by longevity-related enzymes called sirtuins. It’s also required for DNA repair, but levels plummet with age, necessitating ways to boost NAD+ levels. Strategies include time-restricted eating, fasted exercise and supplementation. Learn more.
- Heat shock protein
- NADPH oxidase